Historic Center of Florence

11.09.2010

Impressions of Italy

As I stated previously, I gave our moms and assignment to write a little about their experience in Italy. Here are their thoughts!

Cody's mom, Nancy's Impressions:

I fell in love with Italy! I really enjoyed the open markets, the historical sites, the beauty all around you everywhere you look and the laid back atmosphere. I loved the shopping and food and gelato and relaxing and more relaxing! I didn't expect to put so many miles on my feet but even that was great. You don't miss much when you are walking to see things. At one point in the trip somebody made the comment that Italy is a "feast for the eyes" and that is the best way to describe it. Around every corner there is something new to see and see again and then see again because there are so many layers of beauty. That was amazing! I loved the language floating around as well. Italian is a beautiful language and it adds to the atmosphere of the place. I want to go back to Italy someday and spend more time, especially in Cinque Terre. So much yet to discover! And of course it the highlight was to be with Cody and Kait and see how well they are doing in this foreign country, I'm so proud of them!

Kait's mom, Sherri's Impressions:

First of all, I was just so excited to have the opportunity to travel across the ocean to a foreign country and to see Kait and Cody! We packed so much into our week! I think what I found so amazing was that each of the places we visited were so different from each other. Each place was so beautiful and unique in its own special way. Florence was busy, noisy and full of people. Venice was much quieter, still full of people, but somehow seemed to be peaceful. The Chianti vineyard nestled in the hills of the Tuscan countryside was just so beautiful. The two villages we visited at Cinque Terra on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea was a sight unlike anything I had ever seen before. And each place was so full of history! Thank you to Kait and Cody for being great tour guides and to Cody for being a great navigator! I am grateful for safe travel and that we were able to travel from place to place quite easily by plane, train and bus. And, of course, our feet!

It was a great experience! I highly recommend a visit to Italy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment